Davido's Creation "FANS MI", My Take



Finally, the much anticipated Afrobeats Hip pop fusion single that kept soldiers of the Davido army in suspense has been released and enjoying some wide air play. The prospective party banger, which features Maybach Music group and Warner Bros star rapper, Meek Mill, was produced by Award winning Shizzi. FANS MI is the new art the 2014 BET Award winner has dropped. I cannot take the “steez” away from the naija rich kid but he did a pretty good work with his tune compared to some Africa-America collaborations we have seen in recent times. However, I have my own views to share on the tune.

As I listened to the song play, I was like “Davido wan mesmerize me plus this track? Or he just wan make we see incollabo with meek mill?” As far as I see, the setting of the song was not a wow factor for me. We expect a good talent like Davido to drop a banger that will make the whole world shake.

I must confess, Shizzi showed a great level of master craftship on the beat he created for both musicians to spit on, but after Davido’s hit single ‘THE SOUND,’ which was co-produced by Uhuru and Shizzi, I expected this new single to be something out of the ordinary. Davido is really thickening his world with the best of music talent, showering great tunes on his fans and taking it a step further with good international collaborations. It’s good of an African musician, but c’mon he could have done better on that prestigious beat.

Davido is passionate about his fans. Yes! And he kept on singing and spitting on how much his army of song listeners loved him and his songs, but DAVIDO!! They want to hear something that will let them feel appreciated and not something goons and breakages. I bet u give the beat to Shatta Wale and you will hear real raga (Ashaiman people go understand this *giggling face*).

MEEK MILL good lines. Should your lines always be bitches, champaigne and money? Well that is what hip hop is, but this is Davido. He always wants to be energetic, even on dirges (Naija people will attest to this). Meek Mill you could also have appreciated Davido’s fans, but the both of you why show off your bitches, guns and cracks? ‘Davido yu pple wan tease or weytin’

Well clean video from both beat spitters, but Fans Mi and the setting of the video is getting me to think on all grounds but it’s still confusing. Is the video really related to fans enough?   Ah Well, lets just see how DJs will use this song to sweep the hearts of his fans. In any case, if this is the kind of tune Davido will be pulling on my play list every day, I bet you ‘I go take my money buy kanzo’ *I jiee ma eye tho*

Writer: lexkenneth Osei

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment